perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michael Peters <mpet...@plusthree.com>
Subject Re: Mason or Registry?
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:40:06 GMT
On 09/27/2009 02:48 AM, 叶孤城 wrote:

> One of our customers run a small site (about 3000 IP each day),
> written with Perl CGI originally.
> Now to expand some features and improve the performance, they want to
> upgrade the site.
> So do you think which is better that it will be re-written with pure
> modperl (for example, using Mason)

If you are going to do a rewrite I would suggest a more modern
framework. Most people that use Mason these days use it as a templating
engine and that can even be done inside of a framework like Catalyst or
CGI::Application.

>, or keep CGI and move them to
> modperl Registry?

This is probably the biggest bang for the buck. I wouldn't recommend it
as a way to start a new application, but for migrating an existing
application its a very good choice.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP