perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michael Peters <mpet...@plusthree.com>
Subject Re: Ways to scale a mod_perl site
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 17:13:56 GMT
On 09/16/2009 12:48 PM, Adam Prime wrote:

>> I have very little static content. Even images are generated. My site
>> generates images of math formulae such as (x-1)/(x+1) on the fly.,
>
> I can understand generating them on the fly for flexibility reasons, but
> I'd cache them, and serve them statically after that, rather than
> regenerate the images on every single request.

Definitely good advice. Especially if your images are generated the same
each time and never change. For instance, I don't think the image
generated by the formula "(x-1)/(x+1)" would ever change (unless you
changed your application code and in that case you can clear you cache).

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP