perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: distributing software built on mod_perl
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:10:50 GMT
Morten Bjørnsvik wrote:

> Then we have a script that downloads and creates a cpan repository based on a config
> file to get the correct versions. Those modules we store locally and use
> as a distribution repository.
>
> Then we have an install script that install all those cpan modules based on
> /opt/perl/bin/perl ./Makefile.PL + options in correct order and solves all dependencies.
> It also holds path to MQ,DB2,Oracle etc software if needed.

Morten, would you be willing to share the above ?
That would really help us a lot.

I agree that you have to set up your own local repository.  One other
reason is that many of our customer systems do not have direct access to
the internet.
Currently, I do solve that by just having a copy of the modules
(downloaded beforehand from CPAN) in a local directory, and using a
script that does the chdir, make, make install, one after the other.
But it would be more elegant to have a local CPAN repository, as you do.
  I just don't know how to do that.

André