perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Clinton Gormley <cl...@traveljury.com>
Subject Re: double mod_perl initialization
Date Sat, 26 Sep 2009 17:36:03 GMT

> You are 4 releases behind.  Download 2.2.13 and I bet graceful will
> work for you.  (Bet's off if you have something systemically difficult
> w/r/t ssl.)

It appears that you may be right:

Changes with Apache 2.2.12

*) prefork: Fix child process hang during graceful restart/stop in
     configurations with multiple listening sockets.  PR 42829.  [Joe Orton,
     Jeff Trawick]

Nice! Will try it out when I have a chance.

> Throw in a mod_perl 2.0.5 from SVN: I've never seen such performance
> as the system I built with 'optimize -Os' last night.

What does this do and how are you specifying it? I don't see any mention
of it in the docs for mod_perl or perl. Is that zero-s or oh-s?

ta

clint