perl-modperl mailing list archives

From cr...@animalhead.com
Subject RFC: Apache2::CloseKeepAlive
Date Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:43:58 GMT
I'm working toward contributing a module with this working title
to CPAN, and would like your comments and advice.

The short story is that it's a mod_perl2 mechanism for optimizing
the KeepAlive option in the Apache2 server. The long story is at
http://www.animalhead.com/CloseKeepAlive.html

I'm tentatively convinced it's worth contributing, but you're welcome
to tell me why it's not. For sure, your advice on how to improve it
will be very welcome.

Specifically:
•	What CPAN module(s) is (are) most like this one, to use as
	model(s) for how to package, test, and install it?
•	The plan is to use Module::Build and Apache::Test.
	What else or something different?
•	Is something as specialized as this worth including in the
	GP Perl libraries? Or is it better to just ask where the
	mod_perl2 library is?
•	Is inclusion in the GP Perl libraries a prerequisite or
	assumption of Module::Build or of CPAN?

In addition to where to put the module itself, it needs a place to
put a companion DB-building app and a place for the resulting DB.
These are not standard features of a module installation.
Probably I just ask the user where they should go?
If so, how do I use the answers?

Thanks for being there,
cmac