perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <...@as-guides.com>
Subject Re: RFC: Apache2::CloseKeepAlive
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:10:14 GMT
Adam Prime schrieb:
> Michael Ludwig wrote:
>> Sprites are useful for collections of related of the same size
>> and purpose.
>
> You don't have to restrict them to images of the same size.  You
> can use a sprited image to replace any fixed size image, and any
> background image that repeats in one direction or the other (but
> not both).

I thought that having the images tiled up regularly would make the
CSS offsets easy to calculate. You'd only need the sequence number
of the image and the sprite layout (say, 10 x 10) to calculate the
offsets.

But you appear to have had more exposure to sprites than me, so
you're probably right.

--
Michael Ludwig