perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Adam Prime <adam.pr...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: rewriterule, location, and perlhandler
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:59:23 GMT
Eric Lease Morgan wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2009, at 12:05 AM, Adam Prime wrote:
>
> By first changing my Location directive to the following:
>
>  <Location /sandbox/semantic-web/>
>    SetHandler perl-script
>    PerlHandler Apache2::Alex::SemanticWeb
>  </Location>
>
> And then changing my RewriteRule to this:
>
>   RewriteRule ^/etexts/id/(.*) /sandbox/semantic-web/?id=$1 [passthrough]
>
> I eliminate the need to have a file on my file system.
>
> Thank you.  oss++ * mailing_lists++

If you want, it's actually possible to take this even further and remove
rewrite completely.

<Location /etexts/id/>
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler Apache2::Alex::SemanticWeb
</Location>

Then alter your handler's code to parse $r->uri and extract everything
after $r->location.  (or you can use $r->path_info, if the /etexts/id/
actually exists in your document root).  That'll give you the same thing
that rewrite is currently stuffing into your id argument.

Adam