perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philippe M. Chiasson" <>
Subject Re: graceful restarts, modperl and pre-loaded modules
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 19:25:43 GMT
On 14/07/09 15:00 , Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Philippe M.
> Chiasson<> wrote:
>> On a gracefull restart, all perl interpreters are shutdown and new,
>> clean ones replace them, reloading any module you configure for preloading.
> I don't think this is right, Philippe, unless something has changed
> with it in mod_perl 2.

Yup, this has certainly been fixed up in mod_perl 2.

> Graceful restart used to just re-read the
> conf, not restart the perl interpreter.

Now I believe it does, and it's easy to verify.

A loaded PerlModule will get reloaded on graceful restart, that's for sure.

Philippe M. Chiasson     GPG: F9BFE0C2480E7680 1AE53631CB32A107 88C3A5A5       m/gozer\@(apache|cpan|ectoplasm)\.org/

View raw message