perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <randy.ko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using mod_perl on Vista - get Error - Can't load Perl module ModPerl::Registry
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 14:24:10 GMT
On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 12:32 AM, Mahesh Khambadkone
<mahesh@games2win.com> wrote:
> The config sample you sent now allows my Apache to start-up, but I get an
> error.
>
> 1)      The config sample I was using was taken from the mod_perl
> Developer's Cookbook - Recipe 2.2 Using Apache Registry. I guess a lot of
> the other examples there will be buggy !

I don't think one can conclude they're buggy, as there's still
problems with your setup, as described below.

> 2)      The new error I get is when the Perl script is actually run :
>
> Can't load 'D:/Perl/site/lib/auto/Apache2/ServerUtil/ServerUtil.dll' for
> module Apache2::ServerUtil: load_file:The specified procedure could not be
> found at D:/Perl/lib/XSLoader.pm line 64.\n
> at D:/Perl/site/lib/Apache2/XSLoader.pm line 31\n
> Compilation failed in require at D:/Perl/site/lib/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm
> line 30.\n
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> D:/Perl/site/lib/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 30.\n
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 6) line 3.\n
>        ...propagated at D:/Perl/lib/base.pm line 93.\n
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:/Perl/site/lib/ModPerl/Registry.pm
> line 26.\n
> Compilation failed in require at (eval 5) line 3.\n
>
> The ServerUtil.dll file does exist.

There's a couple of things to check:

- if you're running Apache 2.2.x and perl-5.10, the relevant mod_perl
ppm package to install is
     http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/PPMPackages/10xx/mod_perl.ppd
Was that installation successful, including installation of
mod_perl.so under your Apache modules subdirectory?

- Does having a directive in your httpd.conf to load the perl510.dll, like
   LoadFile "/Path/to/your/Perl/bin/perl510.dll"
help? This should go before the
directive which loads mod_perl.so.

--
best regards,