perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Adam Prime <adam.pr...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: mod_perl 2.0.4 make test fails on red hat EL4 with apache 2.2.11 after glibc update
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:40:57 GMT
Sean Thorne wrote:
> Hi,
>  I don't know whats wrong, but my hosting environment recently pushed an
> update of glibc and pthread to all of my servers.  This caused them all
> my apache instances to go into an unstable state.  I isolated the
> problem to mod_perl and thought if I rebuilt apache httpd and mod_perl
> it would fix the problem, but now I can't build mod_perl without errors.
>  I've tried apache worker and prefork.  Any help would be appreciated.
>  I've included the make test output and the gdb output.
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

<snip>

I'm not sure if this will really be any help to you or not, but the vast
majority of the failing tests seem to be due to problems loading
apr/apr-util.  I've had problems with tests failing due to dynaloader
being unable to load libraries from build directories that I was able to
get around by fooling around with ldconfig and ld_library_path.

Adam