perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Sean Thorne <sean.tho...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache Children Stuck on futex call
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 21:59:23 GMT
Hi,
	I've got some Apache Children that are getting stuck on a futex
call.  This started happening on a Apache 2.2.6 worker w/ mod_per
2.0.4 install, so I upgraded to Apache 2.2.11 worker w/ mod_perl 2.0.4
and it still continues.  I have modules for proxy and php installed as
well, but this problem only presents when using mod_perl and
MaxRequestsPerChild.  If I remove mod_perl the Apache children close
as expected.  It's easily replicated using an abusive ab test and
turning down MaxRequestsPerChild.  I know I could turn off
MaxRequestsPerChild, but I have that on to deal with PHP's poor thread
handling and memory leaks.  I could switch to prefork, but the servers
I have don't have enough RAM to handle the load I need them too.  Any
help would be appreciated.

This child appears to be waiting for PID 3451, but that PID no longer
exists.

[sthorne@81082-spare ~]$ sudo strace -p 3271
Process 3271 attached - interrupt to quit
futex(0x1b5bbe8, FUTEX_WAIT, 3451, NULL

Thanks,
Sean