perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Mark Hedges <hed...@scriptdolphin.org>
Subject Re: cannot install Apache2::Request from CPAN
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 23:10:38 GMT

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Mark Hedges wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009, Fred Moyer wrote:
>
> > Do you have /usr/lib64 in your /etc/ld.so.conf?  Been a
> > while since I've done 64 bit but that always seemed to
> > be the issue.  Run ldconfig if needed after you add it.
>
> Nope.  I added .  Same error:
>
> /usr/lib/libdb-4.3.so: could not read symbols: File in
> wrong format

Aha, CentOS apparently allows both *.i386 and *.x86_64
packages to be installed simultaneously.  I wrote a script
to filter this all out and install the x86_64 ones and it
works to compile from source now.

I still cannot get it from CPAN.  I thought I'd been able to
do that.  Too bad it's not packaged for CentOS.

Mark