perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Fred Moyer <f...@redhotpenguin.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl content at ApacheCon US 2009 (and conferences in general)
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 02:43:43 GMT
On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Adam Prime <adam.prime@utoronto.ca> wrote:
> ApacheCon US is happen in Oakland CA this year from November 2nd to 6th,
> and the PMC's of the various projects are being given the opportunity to
> help organize content related to their projects.  In order for the PMC
> to do this effectively, it would be helpful to know what other people
> who are interested in mod_perl related content would find interesting,
> for ApacheCon specifically, as well as for conferences in general.  If
> you're interested in helping, please answer the following questions in
> an email to more (or to the list if you'd prefer):
>
> 1) Do you plan to attend ApacheCon US this year?

Yes, I really hope so :)

> 2) Do you play to attend any other Perl related conferences this year?

Probably not, I run SF.pm so I get to put on a mini conference every
month :)  In the past I have attended the Nordic Perl Workshop (twice)
and YAPC::NA (four times).  I have attended ApacheCon four times, and
there is always at least one talk that makes the conference (usually
by Theo@omnti or Gozer or Geoff or Perrin)

> 3) What mod_perl related topics would you be interested in hearing talks
> about?

Performance Tuning
Front End Proxy Server Choices
Maintaining dual life mod_perl and mod_perl2 codebases
CGI to mod_perl - fast!
Migrating applications from mod_perl to mod_perl2