perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jeff Zhuk <jeff_z...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cannot LoadModule mod_perl on apache2.2
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:08:16 GMT
Andre and Randy,

thank you for your advice.
I re-installed active perl 5.8.9 and this fixed the starting apache problem:
Apache started OK with mod_perl

I still face the problem of running perl scripts.

When I point the browser to my 2 line test.pl, the browser opens the Download File dialog.
When I select open it fires a MS shell window for a second and closes the window.

Here is the test.pl below:

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Hello, World.";

Here are several lines from httpd.conf:

#AddHandler cgi-script .pl .ip # I tried each of these lines separately - same effect
SetHandler perl-script    # these instructions are on the global level, same effect inside
a directory

<Directory "C:/myScripts">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
Order allow,deny