perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl content at ApacheCon US 2009 (and conferences in general)
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 21:27:08 GMT
Adam Prime wrote:
> ApacheCon US is happen in Oakland CA this year from November 2nd to 6th,
> and the PMC's of the various projects are being given the opportunity to
> help organize content related to their projects.  In order for the PMC
> to do this effectively, it would be helpful to know what other people
> who are interested in mod_perl related content would find interesting,
> for ApacheCon specifically, as well as for conferences in general.  If
> you're interested in helping, please answer the following questions in
> an email to more (or to the list if you'd prefer):
>
> 1) Do you plan to attend ApacheCon US this year?
No, but I recently attended ApacheCON Europe and I was very disappointed
to see NO mod_perl content in it at all.

?

> 3) What mod_perl related topics would you be interested in hearing talks
> about?
Just about anything.  I would be delighted just for mod_perl to be
present, so that it does not descend into obscurity.
The Apache world seems currently sooo dominated by Java, one would think
even httpd is written in it.
(I don't want to start a flame, troll, heated discussion, whatever here.
  Just stating a situation in which I feel very disappointed)

So, go for it guys, and make a big splash ! It's needed.