perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Iosif Fettich <ifett...@netsoft.ro>
Subject Re: who's putting that <pre> tag in the output...?
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 10:21:35 GMT
Hi André,

> I have not looked at your code in detail, but in general : there is
> nothing in Apache or mod_perl that will automatically and magically wrap
> any response in any html tag sequence.

I think/suppose so - that's why I'm getting nervuous about not being able
to see where this comes from.

> So the only reasonable explanation, is that it is your back-end server which
> generates these tags (or your browser ?).

back-end server, as far as I can tell.

> Why don't you put some tracing code in your handler, to dump what it really
> receives from the back-end ?
> Like :
>
> 	$r->log_error("going to get : $new_url")
>        my $content = $response->content;
> 	$r->log_error("got : " . $content);
>
> and look in your Apache error log.

evrything looks OK in the log, I get the content I expect.

It's just that when I print() it, I see the whole thing as HTML source

the corresponding ending tags.

Thank you,

Iosif Fettich