perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Octavian R√Ęsnita <orasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: decline and fall of modperl?
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:53:10 GMT
From: "David Ihnen" <davidi@norchemlab.com>
> The new version of perl in the works is going to change that.  I fully
> expect perl to become far more interesting to the programming community
> with that upgrade.  Perl will move from the old one to the latest one, and
> then it WILL be a buzzword again.
>
> Least, thats what I think.

That's what I also hope, but I don't think it will happen too soon.

PHP, C#, Java are much more prefered, because the programs created with them
can hide the source code much better, while this is not possible with Perl.
This is a big reason why the software companies that create custom programs
for their clients prefer to use those languages and not perl. Not because
perl is bad.
I hope Perl 6 will also solve this issue...

Octavian