perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Byrne Reese <by...@majordojo.com>
Subject Re: decline and fall of modperl?
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:06:37 GMT
> Do you know other sites that don't use Movable Type? :-)

Not as extensively. :)

> But even if we talk about Movable Type... I've seen that WordPress
> is known much better than MovableType. Gues why. MovableType has
> much more features than WordPress, however WordPress is better
> known. Maybe because there are much much more interface translations
> for WordPress than for MovableType, or maybe because it uses PHP and
> there are much more PHP programmers.

I won't belabor this thread with a competitive analysis of WordPress'
mindshare over MT as the answer to that question is multifaceted. But
I will say that the fact that WP is written in PHP has A LOT to do
with it. It also has an incredibly liberal commit/patch policy,
lending to both the speed of its advancement and negatively to its
security; but most importantly to its success in recruiting new
developers to the platform.

> MovableType is a big success of Perl.

That is great to hear. I am working on a project hopefully that will
get the folks from this community perhaps more actively engaged in the
development and advancement of MT. I am very proud of MT and remain
committed to its success.

Byrne