perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <phark...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is Cookbook good perl?
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 01:41:11 GMT
On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Chris Prather <perigrin@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is to say if you're making the decision for Mouse, you need to
> know what all that entails and currently the propaganda machine is
> saying that Mouse == Moose + FAST which simply isn't true.

My reason for mentioning Mouse is not speed but ease of installation.
If you want to create a small, modular CPAN widget, and you want it to
use Moose-like OO, Mouse is a whole lot simpler to install.  People
who already have Moose installed for their main project don't really
understand what a barrier to adoption it is if your awesome new
session management module requires Moose.  On a system where you have
to carefully track what modules are being installed and can't just let
CPAN run wild, it can take ages.

- Perrin