perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: decline and fall of modperl?
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 19:37:00 GMT
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Octavian R√Ęsnita <orasnita@gmail.com> wrote:
> I knew that Amazon used Perl, than tried to use Java, than... I don't know
> what they use now.

Please stop with the FUD!  Amazon uses Perl for their front-end
development.  Check their job ads.

> Google uses Python, Yahoo uses PHP, Microsoft probably uses DotNet and Sun
> probably uses Java.

Yahoo uses plenty of Perl on their back-end, and PHP for their
front-end pages.  TicketMaster is Perl.  IMDB is Perl.  LiveJournal is
Perl.  No one cares what Sun and Microsoft run on their websites.

The original poster asked for help winning a contract that he wants to
use Perl for.  So far, you're not contributing.

- Perrin