perl-modperl mailing list archives

From David Ihnen <dav...@norchemlab.com>
Subject Re: decline and fall of modperl?
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:31:56 GMT
Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:
> Hi and sorry for the provocative title of my post :)

What better way to get a response?

What you have is better than what you don't, so sticking with a tech you
already have is often the most pragmatic path.

I agree with the others, in that if the company hires a good programmer,
they will get good code out.

In the end, all I really want to add to what people have said is this:

Perl has been relatively static for a long time, without many changes.
The new version of perl in the works is going to change that.  I fully
expect perl to become far more interesting to the programming community
with that upgrade.  Perl will move from the old one to the latest one,
and then it WILL be a buzzword again.

Least, thats what I think.

David