perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: who's putting that <pre> tag in the output...?
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:57:18 GMT
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Iosif Fettich <ifettich@netsoft.ro> wrote:
>> I've ommited printing headers explicitely :(
>
> HTTP won't work without headers.
>
>> Have to see when and how I should do this; simply inserting a
>>
>> $r->content_type( 'text/html' );
>>
>> before my
>>
>> $r->print( $content );
>>
>> seems to be a NOOP..
>
> Nope, it's not a NOOP.  Maybe you're setting it too late.

You may also want to have a look at this previous thread :
http://marc.info/?l=apache-modperl&m=123072345912551&w=2

In the second or third message, there is a paragraph by Rainer Jung
which explains why setting the Content-Type may sometimes appear as not
working.  There is also later on a solution.

This does not mean that what Perrin says above is wrong.
Apparently, with the Content-Type header, timing is really of the essence.