perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Robert Buels <rm...@cornell.edu>
Subject [mp2] STDERR on a per-vhost basis?
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:20:47 GMT
Hello all,

Under mod_perl 2, stderr for all virtual hosts seems to be opened to the
global Apache 2 error log (/var/log/apache2/error.log or similar).  How
do I get stderr output to go to the ErrorLog that is defined for each
virtual host?

====EXTENDED CONTEXT====
Our organization maintains several mod_perl sites, each of which runs as
its own virtual host.  They are currently implemented as CGI scripts
running under Apache 1.3, mod_perl 1, with Apache::Registry.

I am porting them from mod_perl 1/Apache 1.3/Apache::Registry to
mod_perl 2/Apache2/ModPerl::Registry.  Under the old setup, stderr from
scripts in each vhost used to go into that vhost's error log, but now
that I have them running under the new setup, their stderr is going to
the global apache log.  I want the stderr for each vhost to go to its
own error log.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

--
Robert Buels
Bioinformatics Analyst, Sol Genomics Network