perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Matthew Lenz <matt...@nocturnal.org>
Subject get backtrace emailed when code dies running under ModPerl::RegistryPrefork?
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:54:47 GMT
As I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm migrating from an older
environment to a new environment with mod_perl 2.

With mod_perl 1.x we had VERY OLD customised version of CGI::Carp (with
fatalsToBrowser) printing an error to the browser AND sending an email
with backtrace and environment information when the code died with a
runtime errors.

According to the docs CGI::Carp doesn't function properly with
fatalToBrowser under mod_perl 2.  The confusing thing is that right
below the fatalsToBrowser documentation it talks about set_die_handler.
Its not exactly clear as to whether set_die_handler doesn't work under
mod_perl 2 or not.

Is anyone using CGI::Carp for backtrace reporting?  Is there an
alternative that someone knows about if CGI::Carp isn't an option?