perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Kurt Hansen <khan...@charityweb.net>
Subject Re: Deployment strategies...
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:06:57 GMT
Hello,

Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Carl Johnstone
> <modperl@fadetoblack.me.uk> wrote:
>
>> 1) We want to run different versions of the same app for different sites -
>> this means I have a namespace problem for MyApp v1 vs MyApp v2 etc.
>>

> This has been discussed many times on the list.  You can't run two
> modules with the same name in the same perl interpreter, so you either
> need to change the namespaces for different versions or run separate
> servers.

Carl, can you solve your problem by having a global class and then each
site being an object of that class, inheriting or overriding methods as
necessary?

I'm sure I'm missing something in your question because it sounds so
much like what we do and the answer seems so clear that I feel stupid
for suggesting it since you probably already thought of it and refjected
it. :-)

Take care,

Kurt Hansen