perl-modperl mailing list archives

From macke...@animalhead.com
Subject Re: Initializing Sleepycat::DbXml (Berkeley, Oracle) objects in startup.pl
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 03:34:57 GMT
Apache is forgiving/robust about specifying nonexistent phase
handlers in httpd.conf and inserts thereto.

I was using event, and had to let each thread open its own DBs
based on an undefined global.  Then I found that the identical
traffic-test exerciser could get 66 files/second back in event
and 1500/second in prefork.  This is under FreeBSD 6.3.

No doubt I had something wrong or "tunable" in event, but at
that point I gave up and will wait for the simple MPM.

Best Regards,
cmac
www.animalhead.com