perl-modperl mailing list archives

From macke...@animalhead.com
Subject Re: Initializing Sleepycat::DbXml (Berkeley, Oracle) objects in startup.pl
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:57:38 GMT
I started with 'worker', and it had similar performance to
what I saw thereafter with 'event'.  Actually slightly better,
perhaps because 'event' gained no advantage from KeepAlive
because each test process stayed locked to one connection.

'worker' and 'event' were experiments that I decided to
terminate, in part because I was so annoyed with Perl ithreads
after I had laboriously eliminated many global variables from
my mod_perl scripts that didn't want to be shared.  This
activity was based on the "Programming Perl" description of
"threads 5.005".  Oh well, now the code should be better set
for the future.

Best Regards,
cmac
www.animalhead.com