perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Carl Brewer <c...@bl.echidna.id.au>
Subject Re: tracking a coredump problem
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 20:55:12 GMT
Following up on this, I'm still stuck, but maybe someone here can help
with a debugging step?

I'm trying to get httpd to dump cores, as we're seeing this a lot :

[Sun Jan 25 18:14:17 2009] [notice] child pid 20822 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

and I figure a core might just help.  So, in httpd-perl's config :

CoreDumpDirectory /var/cores

and /var/cores is 777

And in the (RHEL/CentOS format) init.d script
start() {
         echo -n $"Starting $prog: "
         ulimit -S -c unlimited >/dev/null 2>&1
         LANG=$HTTPD_LANG daemon $httpd $OPTIONS -f $conf
         RETVAL=$?
         echo
         ulimit -c
         [ $RETVAL = 0 ] && touch ${lockfile}
         return $RETVAL
}

I think I got just about everything needed to get a coredump, but
nothing shows up in /var/cores, despite many segfaults in the logs.

Anything I've missed?

Thankyou

Carl