perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <...@as-guides.com>
Subject Re: Initializing Sleepycat::DbXml (Berkeley, Oracle) objects in startup.pl
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:49:03 GMT
Mark Hedges schrieb:
> Probably what you're thinking of is a PerlChildInitHandler
> so that each mod_perl child process does your connection for
> you when the child process first forks.

Yes, that's what I thought. But then I noticed that the
PerlChildInitHandler I set up is ignored. Apache configuration
snippet:

PerlRequire /home/milu/www/eumel/startup.pl
PerlChildInitHandler Eumel::Gurke::bla;
PerlChildExitHandler Eumel::Gurke2::bla;

These two classes do not even exist, but Apache starts fine.
When I replace those dummy entries with existing classes, I can
see they're ignored because I don't see the log output I should
see.

Is is possible these are ignored for the worker MPM?

| In the prefork MPM this phase is useful for initializing
| any data structures which should be private to each process.

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/server.html#C_PerlChildInitHandler_

It is unclear to me whether this applies to the prefork MPM
exclusively. Does anyone know?

Michael Ludwig