perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <>
Subject Re: Initializing Sleepycat::DbXml (Berkeley, Oracle) objects in
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 15:49:03 GMT
Mark Hedges schrieb:
> Probably what you're thinking of is a PerlChildInitHandler
> so that each mod_perl child process does your connection for
> you when the child process first forks.

Yes, that's what I thought. But then I noticed that the
PerlChildInitHandler I set up is ignored. Apache configuration

PerlRequire /home/milu/www/eumel/
PerlChildInitHandler Eumel::Gurke::bla;
PerlChildExitHandler Eumel::Gurke2::bla;

These two classes do not even exist, but Apache starts fine.
When I replace those dummy entries with existing classes, I can
see they're ignored because I don't see the log output I should

Is is possible these are ignored for the worker MPM?

| In the prefork MPM this phase is useful for initializing
| any data structures which should be private to each process.

It is unclear to me whether this applies to the prefork MPM
exclusively. Does anyone know?

Michael Ludwig

View raw message