perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Adam Prime <adam.pr...@utoronto.ca>
Subject Re: APR, libapreq2, mod_perl2, APR::*, Apache2::*
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 19:12:26 GMT
Mark Hedges wrote:
>> So where does that leave the perl binding between 2.4 and
>> 3.0?  Or will we all be running mod_parrot/mod_perl6 by
>> then (which looks like it's made great progress since
>> YAPC)
>
> Great, all code where '.' was the concatenator operator
> breaks, hurray. (?)

You don't have to switch if you don't want to, it's not like mod_perl
(or perl 5) is going to disappear from production anytime soon.  I'm
just glad that someone (Jeff Horwitz) is actually already working on it,
because to me, perl6 without a mod_perl6 is close to useless.

I'm also hopeful that the eventual migration might be as simple as the
oft dreaded migration from mp1, mp2 (ie not all that hard).  Only time
will tell.

Adam