perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <...@as-guides.com>
Subject APR, libapreq2, mod_perl2, APR::*, Apache2::*
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 10:51:10 GMT
Trying to locate APR::Request::Apache2 on my system, I noticed it is
part of libapreq2.

libapreq 2-2.07 | ModPerl | ModPerl
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/modperl/modperl/87199

| libapreq2 is an APR-based shared library used for parsing HTTP
| cookies, query-strings and POST data.

Doing further reading unearthes new ranges of modules, which has me
somewhat confused.

libapreq2 has modules like the following:

* APR::Request
* APR::Request::Cookie

It is said to be closer to the bare metal.

libapreq2 also has modules like the following:

* Apache2::Request
* Apache2::Cookie
* Apache2::Upload

It is said this is to mimic the 1.x API.

Without libapreq2, I already have:

* Apache2::RequestRec
* Apache2::RequestIO
* Apache2::RequestUtil

It is said this is to only load what's needed.

I'd like to reach an understanding of what these ranges of modules and
interfaces are intended for. When would I want to use which interface?
Or is it all a matter of style and taste?

Michael Ludwig