perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Heiko Jansen <jan...@hbz-nrw.de>
Subject Re: Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH for a forked process
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 09:40:51 GMT

Am Freitag, den 09.01.2009, 10:25 +0100 schrieb Torsten Foertsch:
> On Fri 09 Jan 2009, Raymond Wan wrote:
> > It is possible I'm doing something wrong, but so far, this isn't
> > working.  And if I replace the $cmd with a Perl script and try to
> > print out $ENV{LD_LIBRARY_PATH}, there is nothing.
>
> I think you need this one:
> http://search.cpan.org/~stas/Env-C-0.08/C.pm

Perhaps also possible: replace the program that gets executed with a
shell script that sets the env param and then does "exec realcmd $@".
Or even more simple: change the command string in your perl script to
something like 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH="..." realcmd'.
Of course that's far less elegant than using Env::C but I believe it
should work.

Heiko