perl-modperl mailing list archives

From cr...@animalhead.com
Subject Re: [mp2] undefined symbol in make test with threaded Apache 2.2.11 RESOLVED
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 21:32:23 GMT
Dropped back in configuration and component programs to a working
combination, then advanced in smaller steps than I had done before.
You were correct, Mr G, in your prediction that the lib tree was
involved.

The 'Undefined symbol "PL_markstack_ptr"' in the mod_perl2 'make
test' step:
1. appeared as soon as an option was added that changed the names of
the "architecturally dependent" lib directories, and
2. went away when I removed the three old architecturally-dependent
directories that I had tried to preserve, from the "colon separated
list of additional lib directories".

As a general statement of this, I would nominate: "when changing Perl
build options that change the names of architecturally-dependent lib
directories, don't try to keep old arch-dependent directories in
@INC".  With the note that such dependent directories contain
hyphenated elements like 'i386-freebsd'.

Thanks for your help,
cmac