perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: [mp2] undefined symbol in make test with threaded Apache 2.2.11
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2008 20:21:33 GMT
Craig MacKenna wrote:
> On Dec 24 00:57, "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com> wrote:
>> Subject: Re: [mp2] undefined symbol in make test with threaded Apache 2.2.11
>>
>> craig@animalhead.com wrote:
>>> Neither mod_perl 2.0.4 nor the current build modperl-2.0_20081223052020
>> If you're going to do that 'current build', I'd use revision numbers of SVN
>> instead of the data.
s/data/date/

> The page on the mod_perl site about "what to do before submitting a problem report" suggested
trying the current build from the location I used, as a data point for the overall report.
 So I complied with those instructions.  If some other source is better, perhaps the web page
in question wants editing.
The source is fine, an svn revision numbers just means more to mean personally
then a date [especially since I don't know your timezone :)]

>>> "PL_markstack_ptr"
>> This isn't perl 5.8.8 vs perl 5.8.9 related, if you diff the trees, only 1
>> line is changed
>> -	    *PL_markstack_ptr = (p) - PL_stack_base;	\
>> +	    *PL_markstack_ptr = (I32)((p) - PL_stack_base);\
>
> "PL_markstack_ptr" is in the error message that occurred.  Perhaps it's no longer exported,
or global'ed, or whatever the right term is nowadays?
No, I was just pointing out that this can't be the cause be nothing relating
to it changed EXCEPT the above. So you can rule perl out.

> There is great value to me in having a single perl that is used for all applications,
rather than a "my perl" and "their perl" and "the perl used by that other gang over there".
 For example, commonality of use of Berkeley DBs by perl programs from various sources discourages
having multiple Perl binaries in use.  (Older perl's are still around for reference but nothing
uses them on our site.)
well I was going to for a total of exactly 2. :)

If you post your ./Configure for perl, ./configure for httpd, and perl
Makefile.PL for mod_perl, I'll run it locally on my freebsd boxes.

FWIW, I do this nearly weekly, so I'm not really expecting it to fail, but hey
first time for everything.

Consultant          - P6M7G8 Inc.                http://p6m7g8.net
Director IT         - RideCharge, Inc.           http://ridecharge.com
Contractor          - PositiveEnergyUSA          http://positiveenergyusa.com