perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Mike Glen <mike.g...@mindsweep.net>
Subject Turning PerlFreshRestart Off breaks app
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:20:42 GMT
I am currently trying to migrate an old web app from perl 5.6.2 to perl
5.8.8
One of the reasons for this is so I can use Moose.
I discovered that I couldnt preload Moose classes when PerlFreshRestart
was set to On

Unfortuantely after turning this to off, I can preload Moose classes in
my startup.pl without any problems
but in the old app code I start to get errors about not being able to
load methods
eg Can't locate object method "new" via package "App::UserManager"

The package App::UserManager does have a new method and it all runs ok
with PerlFreshRestart On
All the old app modules are preloaded in startup.pl

If I turn PerlFreshRestart Off using perl 5.6.2 this problem does not occur.

can anyone give me any suggestions what I should look at to try and fix
this problem

Server version: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix)
Running on Centos
Apache/mod_perl/perl were all built from source

Thanks
Mike

--
MINDsweep
25 albany street

m: 07786984428

MINDsweep www.mindsweep.net is a division of c2sky services limited
www.c2sky.net

This e-mail may contain confidential information.  It is intended solely
for the attention of the designated recipient(s).  If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not make any use of the information
contained in the e-mail or cause or allow anyone to do so.  Please
contact the sender immediately and delete the message.