perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: which reverse proxy for modperl?
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2008 02:06:18 GMT
Jeff Pang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a modperl application on a host which is running with heavy load.
> I have the plan to put a reverse proxy before it.
> There are two well known reverse proxy software, one is Squid, another
> is nginx.
> Which one is better for modperl application? or is there any others
> which are better than these two?

And there is httpd which you are already running, and you can run a very
low cost, separate instance with very minimal modules loaded.  With the
mod_proxy_balancer, you can shuffle off some of the traffic to a second,
third machine for good measure.

Is either better?  Google both for problems to determine how many people
are irritated with either.