perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Andreas Mock <andreas.m...@drumedar.de>
Subject Catchall ScriptAlias and error handling
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 17:52:08 GMT
Hi all,

I searched the internet for a wile now and couldn't find an answer to my question.
We have the following situation:

a) In a virtual host configuration we have several Alias entries pointing to several
directories and files
b) At the end of the config we have a ScriptAliasMatch entry of the form
ScriptAliasMatch ^(.*)$ /some/directory/doit.pl$1
and
    <Directory /some/directory>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
        PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
        Options +ExecCGI
    </Directory>

It works as expected in regards to the "catchall" behaviour of the script.
BUT: We would like the following. As soon as a file in one of the aliased directories is not
found
the server should return the standard error message. At the moment a subrequest hits the perl
handler doit.pl.

Now my question: How can I achieve the desired behaviour?
Is there a way to internally redirect to the apache standard error handler?
How can I identify these kinds of subrequests?

Best regards
Andreas