perl-modperl mailing list archives

From <eric.b...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject RE: Apache 1.3 -> 2.x portability
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:32:20 GMT
We have a bunch of registry/CGI tools that exec external apps, including
Autosys CLI tools and CVS.  The problem is that, whereas in 1.3 the
environment was passed to the spawned process, in 2.0, that's not the
case.

We had to make use of Env::C and the Apache2::SubRequest mods to allow
us to successfully port these tools.

Not much is made of it in the docs, but it was a huge issue for us.

Eric

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.