perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Cosimo Streppone <cos...@streppone.it>
Subject Re: Any success with storing photos in a database? (prevents double-submits)
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:11:53 GMT
On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 12:31 PM, Mark wrote:

> We had a "double submit" bug that allowed a form to be submitted twice
> when we weren't fully prepared for that. [...]
> One approach we are considering is change the submit action on forms
> with JavaScript, so it disables the submit button

That's the cheapest option IMO, and it works very well
for 95% of the typical double submit cases (like Windows
users with the "double-click" syndrome :).

On submit event I checked for a flag to be "1".
If "1", then form has been already submitted.
If "0", set to "1" and submit.

Then Perrin wrote:

> JavaScript is okay, but can be a problem when people hit back
> expecting to use the form again and the button is still disabled.

You could always trigger some javascript event on page load
the re-enables the submit control, even if already enabled,
resetting the flag to "0". This is what I did.

Then, if you want to be 100% sure, you have to work
on the server side...

--
Cosimo