perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Chetan Sarva <csa...@operative.com>
Subject Re: 64-bit mod_perl 2 on Mac OSX 10.5 (Leopard)
Date Mon, 13 Oct 2008 18:30:43 GMT

On Oct 9, 2008, at 7:08 PM, Fred Moyer wrote:
>> Which is what leads me to believe that I need to build x86_64 perl
>> and mod_perl to make it work. Are my assumptions correct?
>
> I have found Leopard's default builds to not be that developer
> friendly (perhaps a good indicator is that you have to install XCode
> tools to get gcc and do anything).  I build perl, mod_perl, and
> httpd from source on my Leopard platforms.  Maybe I don't need to do
> this, but I've suffered at the hands of Apple's system upgrades
> enough times that I have found it is worth my while.
>

>> I ask because I'm having trouble building perl..
>
> When you go through the perl configure process and it asks if you
> want to specify any additional CFLAGS, type '-fPIC' - this is needed
> for 64 bit mod_perl.  I always build perl with the prefix option,
> and then add the bin location to my PATH variable, and use that to
> build mod_perl.

Thanks, I figured as much. Perl compilation broke with the following:

/perl installperl --destdir=
Can't load 'lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.bundle' for module File::Glob:
dlopen(lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.bundle, 1): no suitable image found.
Did find:
	lib/auto/File/Glob/Glob.bundle: mach-o, but wrong architecture at lib/
XSLoader.pm line 70.
  at lib/File/Glob.pm line 96
Compilation failed in require at installperl line 132.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at installperl line 132.
make[1]: *** [install.perl] Error 2
make: *** [install] Error 2

Going to configure it and try again. Not sure if I screwed up one of
the thousand options or not...

chetan