perl-modperl mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject $r->filename, can I do this here ?
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2008 07:19:55 GMT
Hi.

In a PerlFixupHandler, I want to use $r->filename to reset the target of
a PUT request, so as to "trick" the following Apache PUT content handler
into writing the PUT-ted file somewhere else than what the original URL
said.

What I am uncertain of, is whether I can (am allowed to ?) actually do
this in the PerlFixupHandler, considering all the steps Apache goes
through before to walk the original path etc..
Or if this opens any security or logical issues that I am unaware of etc..

I know that the path I am providing is correct and allowed, this is the
actual directory and filename where I want this file to land.
And I have done the AAA phases before, based on the original path and
that is OK also.

Thanks in advance,
André