perl-modperl mailing list archives

From John ORourke <john-modp...@o-rourke.org>
Subject Re: How to extract the protocol part of URL from an apache request
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:32:17 GMT
Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> On Wed 17 Sep 2008, grsvarma019 wrote:
>
>> But , i couldn't find how to extract the protocol(http or https )
>>

> There are Apache2::ModSSL and Apache::SSLLookup on CPAN in case you need
> that information in a request phase prior to the ResponseHandler.

I had the same problem but the machine serving the request had a reverse
proxy in front of it.  I used the following to inject a header on the proxy:

        SetEnv SCHEME http
        SetEnv HOST localhost
        RewriteEngine on
        RewriteCond %{HTTPS} on
        RewriteRule ^(.*) $1 [E=SCHEME:https]
        RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(.*)$
        RewriteRule ^(.*) $1 [PT,E=HOST:%1]
        RequestHeader set X-Absolute-URI %{SCHEME}e://%{HOST}e

That gives you a header containing the protocol and host.

hth,
John