perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Perrin Harkins" <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: mod_perl2 $Apache::Server::Starting
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:48:06 GMT
On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 8:20 PM, Dondi M. Stroma <dstroma@verizon.net> wrote:
> Thanks, but I do not see how Apache2::ServerUtil::restarting() does the same
> thing. The $Apache::Server::Starting and $Apache::Server::ReStarting are,
> respectively, 1 and 0 during start, 0 and 1 during restart, and 0 and 0 when
> neither starting nor restarting. The restarting() function returns 1 during
> start, 2 during (first) restart, but then still returns 2 when neither
> starting nor restarting. So how can I tell if its neither starting nor
> restarting?

I haven't used this.  I see that Apache::compat does the following:

($Apache::Server::Starting, $Apache::Server::ReStarting) =
    Apache2::ServerUtil::restart_count() == 1 ? (1, 0) : (0, 1);

If the count stays at 2, then that probably says it is restarting indefinitely.

If you just want to know when you are no longer in the parent process,
you could use a PerlChildInitHandler to set a flag indicating this.

- Perrin