perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Yuan Zhang" <yzh...@osc.edu>
Subject PerlAuthnHandler how to keep the username and password for subsequent request?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2008 16:06:27 GMT
Hi,

I am new to mod_perl, and this has puzzled me for quite some time. I will appreciate any thoughts/ideas/input
on how to do this.

I used mod_perl to write a customized module of perlAuthnHandler.  my handler is trying to
access some third party database for authentication, get back the username and password, and
keep them with the apache server  so that later I could retrieve the username and password
using HttpServletRequest in my java code.

I've  tried

$r->set_basic_credentials($username, $passwd);

to send the username and password back, but it didn't work.

Also when I return , should I use POST or GET method?

Thanks a lot!

Yuan