perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Raymond Wan <r...@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
Subject Re: Problem getting started
Date Sat, 12 Jul 2008 14:50:06 GMT

Hi John,

Unfortunately, I'm still muddy with modperl to help you even though I'm
on Debian Etch.   I have it working and can tell you what I have
installed...but I can't help you with modperl specifics as I'll probably
end up teaching the wrong thing.

To answer Adam's question:

Adam Prime wrote:
> John M. Dlugosz wrote:
>> I'm trying to use mod_perl on Debian Etch.  I was looking at
>> "practical mod_perl" book, but it appears that much has changed in
>> mod_perl 2.0 so the second example doesn't work at all.
>>
> I personally normally install mp and libapreq from source, so i'm not
> familiar with how one would install/configure them using debian.

aptitude install libapreq2

as root (or sudo).  Or just install everything related if you are not sure:

aptitude install libapache2-mod-apreq2 libapreq2 libapreq2-dev libapreq2-doc

(I have all of them installed.)

Of course, apt-get works too, if you prefer that.  I don't remember
doing more configuration.  There's a symlink from
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/apreq.load to
/etc/apache2/mods-available/apreq.load

Sorry, can't think of anything else tricky that I did.  I hope this is
enough.

Ray