perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Frank Wiles <fr...@wiles.org>
Subject Re: How to debug bizarre memory corruption in mod_perl
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 17:55:31 GMT
On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 12:23:35 -0500
"Stephen Clouse" <stephenclouse@gmail.com> wrote:

> My problem is that I don't even know where or how to start tracing or
> debugging such an issue to determine precisely what is scribbling on
> perl's memory.  If this was a standalone app, it would be simple
> enough to run it through gdb and trace everything out, but in a
> mod_perl environment....
>
> Any advice on how to proceed is greatly appreciated.

  Hey Stephen,

  This definitely sounds like a problem you're going to need a
  debugger to figure out.  Check out this article I wrote on
  debugging and profiling mod_perl applications:

  http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2006/02/09/debug_mod_perl.html

  You'll need to install the Apache::DB module from CPAN, but
  once you get it setup and running it gives you access to
  the full Perl debugger.

  Hope this helps!

   Frank Wiles, Revolution Systems, LLC.
     Personal : frank@wiles.org  http://www.wiles.org