perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "michael watson \(IAH-C\)" <michael.wat...@bbsrc.ac.uk>
Subject RE: graphics in perl
Date Sun, 22 Jun 2008 15:36:06 GMT
I'd recommend interfacing with R (http://www.r-project.org)

________________________________

From: Malka Cymbalista [mailto:Malki.Cymbalista@weizmann.ac.il]
Sent: Sun 22/06/2008 10:27 AM
To: modperl@perl.apache.org; beginners@perl.org; perl@perl.org.il
Subject: graphics in perl

We are running perl 5.8.5 on a Linux machine that is running apache 2.2.6 with mod_perl 2.0.3.
 Our data is in a MySQL database (MySQL 5.0.45)

We have been asked to write a web application that requires plotting capabilities.  We do
most of our web programming in perl so I am looking for a perl module that has the following
features:
1. ability to create histograms
2. ability to create x,y plots
3. ability to zoom in on a portion of the graph
4. ability to calculate the distance between 2  points on the graph
5. ability to hover on a point and bring up some text

Does anyone have any suggestions for which perl modules we should look into?

Thanks for any information.

--

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science