perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Perrin Harkins" <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Segfault when connecting during Apache startup with Apache::DBI
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:14:42 GMT
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 5:49 AM, Tobias Kremer <list@funkreich.de> wrote:
> After de-installing the latest (self-rolled) DBI and DBD::mysql modules and
> installing the corresponding packages provided by Ubuntu (libdbd-mysql-perl and
> libdbi-perl) the segfaults are gone.

It sound like this is a problem with the new DBD::mysql then, rather
than Apache::DBI.  If you want to determine that the problem is the
version and not your compile options, you can compile the Ubuntu
versions yourself and see if they segfault.

Another possibility here is that although Apache::DBI doesn't cache
the connections, your code does.  If you put them in globals or
closures during startup and try to use them later, I would expect
segfaults.

- Perrin