perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Michael Peters <mpet...@plusthree.com>
Subject Re: CGI.pm param and mod_perl
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 19:47:18 GMT
Dondi Stroma wrote:

> I don't see what is so bad about this:
>
> use vars qw($q);
> $q = CGI->new();
>
> Even though it's a global variable, you are assigning it a new value,
> CGI->new, each time.

You're right. I don't normally think about registry scripts since I almost never
use them. I was thinking he was doing that at the top of a module such that it
was happening at compile time. But even then my advice wasn't that helpful since
the assignment would still only happen at compile time.

> I suspect the problem is something else, possibly part of the script
> that we haven't seen.

Yeah, I'm starting to think the same thing. Brian, why don't you print the value
of the param to the log ("warn" is good for this) for the request (along with
the SQL that you're generating) so you/we can see what the actual value being
pulled it.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP