perl-modperl mailing list archives

From John ORourke <john-modp...@o-rourke.org>
Subject Re: return value for response handler
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 15:37:27 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>> I wanted to redirect the user's browser, and in my response handler I
>>> was setting $r->status(302) but returning Apache2::Const::OK instead of
>>> the correct Apache2::Const::DONE.
> return Apache2::Const::REDIRECT

Unfortunately I can't easily do that here - I have plug-in modules which
could return any HTTP status, and then some post-processing which makes
use of the value of $r->status.  I handle ErrorDocument properly though
by checking for a non-200 status before modifying it.  Then later I
simply return OK or DONE depending on wether $r->status eq '200' or
not.  I suppose I could just return ($r->status() eq '200)?OK:$r->status()

Re-reading the above, I suspect I can improve it a little.

> and I explain the internal mechanism here
>
> http://markmail.org/message/hsxqvr37pdvqolgr

That's filled in the gaps, many thanks.

John